Geofoam is a lightweight, rigid engineered fill material made from expanded polystyrene used in Australia, Europe, Asia and the US for geotechnical construction, residential and commercial applications, providing a highly controllable and cost effective fill product that will significantly reduce project lead-times and provide superior earth stabilization.
Features and Benefits
- Lightweight and Rigid
- Safe and easy to handle
- Eliminates staged construction & preloading
- Engineered, Controllable and Predictable
- Inert over long periods of time
- Approx. 100 times lighter than soil
- 20 to 30 times lighter than other lightweight fill
- Perfect for earth stabilization, relieved load & civil engineering projects
- NPS has supplied large scale Geofoam projects
NPS Geofoam vs. Traditional Materials
Traditional earth materials are heavy, cause settlement, instability and/or lateral pressures. Alternative lightweight fill materials such as foamed concrete, waste tires, soil, woodchips and wood fiber have higher densities, are variable in their makeup and are not engineered, due to field execution variables.